One Size Fits Doug

Hello.

I'm Doug, and this is my blog. 

Well, this is my third attempt at a blog. I wanted to wait until everyone in America had a blog before I really jumped in. 

(Insert Sarcastic Laugh here)

Let me explain the title of my blog before I get too far. For my whole life, I have destroyed the idea of "One size fits all". I've just always been a "big guy" and I have never fit into what society considers average. I had size 13 shoes when I was 13. I was able to locate my smaller friends down hallways filled with average people. 

In 7th grade, I switched schools and started going to Webb Middle School in Garland, TX. Before school started in September, I joined the 7th grade football team to practice before the season. On my first day, they held the bus for me because I was running a little late. When I got on the bus, everyone looked up at me and they all looked confused when I went toward the back to sit with the other players. Later a new friend of mine confessed they all thought I was one of the coaches and were confused when I suited up for practice.

Growing up in the 70's I was so excited when the Big Wheel came out, only to find out I was too big to ride it. In the 80's I desperately wanted to get a pair of parachute pants, but found out they didn't come in my size. Adjustable hats don't stand a chance on my beautiful cranium. 

So, instead of laughingly using the phrase "one size fits all", I use the phrase, "one size fits Doug". Mainly to say, "Oh, that's not one size fits Doug", my measuring stick.

Look forward to more history on "Big Guys on America" coming soon to this blog. 









Comments