100 Word Stories

These are three 100 Word Stories. They have to be exactly 100 words, no more or no less. you should try writing one - it's a great challenge.
Hope you like them.
100 Word Stories



Soaking In It

By Douglas Goodrich

 

I don’t know how many times I tried to warn her, but she kept ‘shushing’ me as if I were an annoying little brat, so I said nothing. As she inched closer to the edge, she tapped into her phone, emphasizing each word by beating her screen mercilessly.

First, she tripped over the raised curb, then plunged into the icy cold fountain holding two concrete dolphins spraying water through their mouths. The explosion of laughter around the square came next, followed by her look of shock and anger towards me.

I cleaned out my desk, before heading to the bar.





Han Shot First
Douglas Goodrich
I slam my locker shut, taking out all my frustration hoping that Theresa heard it.
Why is Tommy Dillard so special? Does he have an original signed Harrison Ford phaser gun? Even if he did, he’d still treat her bad. Big jerk. I could have given her my all, but now she’ll miss out.
“Hi Doug.”
Wait, “Oh, hi.” Sarah Childress from 3rd period History. I didn’t recognize her at first because I sit behind her and only see the back of her head.
I catch up to her “Are you doing anything for Homecoming?”
Maybe she likes Star Wars?




A Snowman’s Pride

Douglas Goodrich

Here I stand in the front yard. Frozen solid, except for my nose and eyes, poking out above the hastily thrown scarf around my neck.

What am I doing here?

I should be outside a cabin window watching A Christmas Carol and contemplating how I can help people more next year.

A car speeds by honking their excitement toward me, I can’t wave back, idiots.

What the…? Are you kidding? A damn dog lifts his leg and turns me yellow? And I’m supposed to just take it? Oh God, my dignity! People love me!

Come sweet sun and end this.

Comments